BOOST stands for Bringing Outstanding Opportunities to our Students & Teachers. This is our primary fundraiser of the year and every dollar donated goes directly to support educational and enrichment initiatives for our students. We now have an online payment option on our BOOST DONATION LINK.
In 2017-2018, PTO funds paid for:
- Field trips for all grades, including admission and transportation, to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, Weymouth Planetarium, MA Audubon Society, Lego Land, Plimoth Plantation, Wheelock Family Theater, US State House, and many others.
- More than a dozen in-school enrichment programs tailored to the curriculum for each grade, as well as school-wide presentations from Deanna’s Theatre on Anti-Bullying and All Hands Drumming in the Outdoor Classroom.
- Two brand new Chrome carts (each containing 25 Chromebooks), as well as headsets for the 3rd and 4th grade classrooms (now 3rd, 4th and 5th grades all have Chromebooks).
- Beanbag chairs for comfortable reading nooks throughout the school and many new books for the classrooms and reading specialists (benefiting all grades).
- A new chick incubator for the kindergarten classrooms for their study of animal life cycles.
Providing all of these opportunities to Eames Way School costs the PTO approximately $100 per student and none of it would be possible without donations from parents. Last year, almost 60% of families at Eames Way participated in BOOST, raising approximately $16,000 (thank you!). With your help, we hope to reach our goal of 100% participation this year.
Your participation is important because this is the only direct fundraiser we ask you to support. In lieu of traditional, time-consuming fundraisers like candy and wrapping paper sales, instead, we ask each family to make a tax-deductible donation to BOOST. We hope you will consider making a donation of $100 per student, but we greatly appreciate any donation you can contribute. To make a donation, fill out the attached form and return it with payment in the envelope provided. Please make your donation as early as possible to help the Eames Way School PTO plan this year’s educational and enrichment initiatives.
Eames Way School PTO BOOST Committee