Who We Are
Every parent/ guardian, teacher and administrator is a member of the Furnace Brook Middle School PTO. If this is your first year at Furnace Brook – welcome to the team!
What We Do
The FBMS PTO works with our teachers & administrative staff partners to provide social & educational programs and events for the FBMS community. Support through fundraisers and volunteers helps to foster the social, cultural and educational enrichment of our children; and to build positive relationships among family, school and the community.
The PTO is proud to have helped fund many educational programs & social events at FBMS, including:
- Enrichment Programs – Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield, Museum of Science, The Geography Man, Anti-Bullying program, Internet Safety program, and many more!
- Field Trips
- The Homework Helpers Program
- One Book One School
- 6th Grade Halloween Dance, 7th Grade "Club 7" Dance, 7th Grade Field Day
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Three annual scholarships for MHS students who attended FBMS and have demonstrated excellence in academics, athletics, community affairs & activities
Why Get Involved
The PTO helps you to be an involved and informed parent. It provides you the opportunity to serve, volunteer and contribute something important to your children's education.
How To Get Involved
- Join us at our General Meetings, usually held the 1st Monday of the month at 7pm in the FBMS Library (our September meeting will be Monday, September 11th). Part of each PTO meeting includes a presentation by staff or administration on an initiative taking place at FBMS.
- Join our email list to stay up to date on volunteer opportunities and FBMS community events.
- Like our Facebook page, "Furnace Brook Middle School PTO", to get Facebook updates.
Thank you in advance for your support!
PTO President 2017 - 2018