Dear 4th, and 5th grade families,
I am writing to inform you that instrument demonstrations are taking place Sept. 10-12 at your child’s school. Below is more detailed information about the MPSD’s elementary band and orchestra program. We hope you choose to join this rewarding part of many Marshfield students’ education. If your child would like to join our instrument program, please click on the link at the bottom of this notice to register.
If your child is returning to elementary band or orchestra on the same instrument as last year, you do not need to do anything. Your child’s instrumental music teacher will contact you soon about the start of lessons and morning band/orchestra. If your child chooses not to participate, you will only get one more reminder about registration and nothing else. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.
David Kaminski, Coordinator of Music, MPSD
firstname.lastname@example.org ; 781-834-5050x45852
Schedule for demonstrations (in-school assemblies):
- Monday Sept. 10-DWS/GWS
- Tuesday, Sept. 11 – SRS/MES
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 – EWS
Please consider the following as you discuss joining our program with your child:
- Instrumental students have small-group lesson once per week during the school day. Our students also have full band or orchestra before school on the same day as their lesson (4th grade band join full band this December, morning orchestra is only for 2nd and 3rd year students.) All of this is free of charge to you. The schedule for lessons/before school: DWS - Mondays, SRS - Tuesdays, MES - Wednesdays, EWS - Thursdays, GWS - Fridays
- Making time to practice at home (15 to 30 min. daily is recommended) is essential to success.
- Your child must indicate three instrument choices on the registration form. Having students on a variety of instruments creates a much better musical and educational experience for everyone.
Informational meetings/rental nights:
Strings - Instrument assignments and information will be emailed home.
Band - Wednesday September 19th, MHS cafeteria 7:00pm
We strongly encourage all new instrument student parents to attend the meeting. Staff will be on hand to answer questions and give instrument assignments. Rental company representatives will be in attendance to complete rental agreements if you chose, and sell necessary books and materials. We encourage you to bring the kids and their siblings.
Please click on the following link to submit a registration form:
- Please register even if you do not plan to rent.
- Please wait until your child has attended the school demonstration before making your final instrument choices.
- Registrations are due by noon, Monday, Sept. 17. The link is also on your school’s webpage.
****SIGN UP HERE****
Please contact us with any questions: