Massachusetts law requires fingerprint-based national criminal history checks for all employees and certain other individuals working in public and private schools.
The following is an overview of the SAFIS fingerprinting process:
- An applicant/employee registers for a fingerprinting appointment via either the IdentoGO™ registration website or the IDEMIA Customer Service (telephone) Center at (866) 349-8130;
- Marshfield Public School District's Provider ID: 01710000
- An applicant/employee goes to an IDEMIA IdentoGo™ enrollment center on the date and time selected by him/her and has his/her fingerprints taken;
- Individuals will pay a fee to comply with this requirement of $35.00 for non-licensed employees and $55.00 for DESE Licensed Professionals (including those with pending applications/licenses).
- You will be provided with a fingerprint receipt. A copy of this receipt must be returned to Erika Barrett in the Office of the Superintendent as confirmation that the fingerprints were captured.
- The applicant’s/employee’s fingerprints are sent electronically to the Massachusetts State Police (MSP) for a statewide criminal history record check and to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for a nationwide criminal record check;
- The results of both the State and National fingerprint-based criminal history record checks are returned to the MSP.
For more information please visit:
If you have any further questions, please contact Erika Barrett at 781-834-5000 extension 40102 or email@example.com