Summer Reading 2020
South River School Summer Reading
Good News! Students who read over the summer months maintain or even increase their reading skills! Let’s work as a team to “Hit Reading Out of the Park!” this summer. We’re asking each student to read 60 minutes per week. Go team!
Directions for Students
- Read at least 15 minutes, 4 times a week to earn a homerun.
- Talk to a family member or friend about what you read.
- Record the title of your book on the ‘My Batting Average Sheet’ for each time you read.
- Earn a homerun by reading at least 60 minutes a week.
- Complete eight home runs this summer.
- Bring the ‘My Batting Average Sheet’ to school in September to be recognized at Monday Morning Meeting and enter to win raffle prizes!
- Fame and Glory await!
What counts as reading? Anything! You may read any books, ebooks, magazines, newspaper, or website. Being read to by an adult also counts!
Wondering what book to read? Click on your grade level for all-star links to great reads.
Check out these links to access books and read alouds online:
Storyline Online - Features celebrated actors reading popular children’s books.
Brightly Storytime - Read Alouds - K-2
Kid Lit TV - Read Alouds - All ages - Books are read by authors
EPIC BOOKS - Sign up for 30 days of free online books
Ventress Library - If you need a library card, you can sign up for one on the website.
Look for the icon below on the website to check out ebooks using your library card.
Library card holders are also able to create a Hoopla account for free access to ebooks. Look for this icon on the website: